Industries and Departments
It doesn’t matter if you are responsible for a specific business function within your organization or the company as a whole. exMon is tailored to your specific needs and monitors the processes and data you care about.
Data is becoming more important in every business and traditional industries are rapidly turning into data industries. Company’s IT systems contain both sensitive and confidential data that if compromised, can have damaging results.
Our clients have used exMon to strengthen their data security both by reducing the risk of attack and by ensuring that important procedures, like backups, are operating correctly.
Users and logins
Every user account and login can be used as an attacking vector and it is important for data protection officers to minimize the risk. This includes eliminating orphan accounts, ensuring users have correct privileges and that password policy is enforced.
- Employees who have not logged in for the past 90 days
- Employee account that is not set for password renewal
- Employees who have not renewed their password for 90 days
- Contractors that have not logged in for the past 90 days
- Contractors without an assigned manager
- New users added to sensitive Active Directory Security Groups, for example Domain Admins
- Disabled users still in Security Groups
- Disabled users not in “Disabled Users” group
- Active Directory Security Group access compared to HR system
- User accounts that have not been used for 30 days
- Unusual change in size for databases
- Backups are up to date
- Backup sizes are comparable to earlier backups